This I learnt form Soutik Singha, an engineer by profession. So I am sharing a recipe which I learnt and made numerous times.
- Flour/ Maida
- Kalai er Dal/ Urad Dal
- Mouri/ Fennel Seeds
- Hing/ Asafoetida
- Green Chillies
- Soak the Kalai Dal overnight
- Make a paste of that dal with green chilies, fennel seeds & asafoetida.
- Heat oil in a pan and add this paste
- Add chili powder and salt. Let it cook for a while
- Put the paste inside round doughs, to which a little salt & ghee has been added.
- Flatten them out in round shapes.
- Deep fry them in hot oil.
- Serve hot