The word moong dal always steers our mind towards a beautiful aroma that comes from the kitchen whenever you cook with these. Moong daal is used with versatility in Indian cuisine, and can be used as stuffing for puris and porothas as well. Here is an unusual recipe that I have learnt from my mother. It tastes awesome when had with a spicy potato curry. Prepare this the next weekend instead of the traditional luchi or porotha and see everyone licking their fingers and asking for more.
- Raw Split Green Gram
- Nigella seeds
- Fennel seeds
- Soak the lentils either overnight or for at least 3/ 4 hours
- Dry them and make them into a smooth paste
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with nigella seeds & fennel seeds
- Add salt to this and the lentil paste. Saute
- Once it becomes a little dry, let it cool
- Knead the flour and make small balls
- Put the stuffing inside the flour balls, seal, and roll them in round shapes and shallow fry them.