Green Chilli Pickle By Ananya Bhattacharya
Ananya is an Instructional Designer by profession, a cook by passion and an under-skilled Mother to a toddler. You can follow her culinary journey at — https://m.facebook.com/FlavorsomeFlavors/
- 100 gms Green Chilli
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1.5 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 3 tsp fennel seeds
- 5 tsps salt (increase if you need more)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4th tsp asafoetida
- 5-6 tsps of mustard oil
- 4 tsps of vinegar
- Wash and pat dry 100 gms Green Chilli.
- Cut off the stem and cut them into bite size pieces.
- Dry roast 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp black mustard seeds, 1.5 tsp fenugreek seeds and 3 tsp fennel seeds for a minute and grind them into a coarse powder.
- Add this dry spice mix to the cut chillies.
- Add 1.5 tsps salt (increase if you need more), 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4th tsp asafoetida, 5-6 tsps of mustard oil and 4 tsps of vinegar, and mix well.
- Store in an air tight jar, tastes best after a couple of days.