Raw Mango and Jaggery Raeta by Aparna Bose
We are always looking for condiments or accompaniments to add zest to our meal. Raw mangoes are in season; and many of you are making the most of these by adding them to your diet in various forms. Here is an awesome addition to your recipe repertoire using raw mango.
Aparna Bose is a home cook and also the Proprietor of Gograshe – a food catering organization.
- Raw Mangoes – Grated
- Jaggery – As per taste
- Salt – As per taste
- Cooking Oil – about 2 teaspoons
- Curry Leaves
- Mustard Seeds
- Dried Red Chilli
- Chana Dal/ Bengal Gram Lentil — half teaspoon, soaked.
- Urad Dal/ Black Gram Lentil — half teaspoon, soaked.
- Smear the grated raw mangoes with salt and set aside for 15-30 minutes.
- After about half an hour, drain the mangoes out of the water.
- Now add the jaggery, yoghurt, adjust salt; and mix well.
- In a pan, heat oil; and temper with curry leaves, mustard seeds, asafetida, urad dal, chana dal, and dried red chilli.
- Add the tempering to the mango mixture.
- Enjoy the awesome condiment.