What if we say we have got layers of sweet treats for you? You will be tempted, won’t you? So today, let us give you good news that we have a fabulous recipe – the exotic multi layered pudding which has the perfect layers of sweet delicacies for you and you can actually enjoy a rich and filling sweet dish with your family after preparing it. (It consists of your favourite cake, the delectable custard and rich fresh cream!) Alert – it’s totally scrumptious and worth sharing with your loved ones- so enjoying it alone is a big no no!
Saba Irfan Ladha, a food, lifestyle, travel and parenting blogger for seven years now is a passionate writer and likes to explore everything around herself to later jot down in her blogs and books. Featured in the official humans of Bombay page, India TV news, Indianexpress.com, thedailyhunt.in and Indianwomenblog.org, her previous e- book, The A2Z of Globetrotting got her a lot of love and fame. With a knowledge of more than 6 global languages and bounds of experience with her three kids parenting, 5 years of being a food critic and a connoisseur on Zomato, she is always actively sharing something on her interactive social media pages as well. Her fictions are part of her creativity and you can read more of these on her blog website
For the cake:
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- 50 grams icing sugar
- 20 grams butter
- A pinch of salt
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- Half cup milk
- 1 whole egg.
For the custard:
- Half litre milk
- Half cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons custard powder. (Preferable Brown and Polson custard powder.)
For the cream:
- Amul fresh cream – 400 grams
- Condensed milk –100 grams
- Almonds for garnishing (optional)
Method of preparation:
- Mix all the ingredients of the cake and transfer it into a baking tray. Keep the oven’s temperature for 180 degrees and let it bake for 20 minutes. (Remove from the oven and cool when it’s perfectly baked.)
- Boil the milk, add sugar and stir for two minutes. Mix the custard powder with half cup water and add to this mixture. Keep stirring for 2/3 minute until it starts thickening. (Remember to carry out this step only after the cake is baked and cooled)
- Grind the cake into fine mixture or simply crumble it manually.
- Take a setting tray; add the crumbled cake as first layer in this tray. Pour two tablespoons of condensed milk on it.
- Now quickly pour the thickening custard layer on it before it sets completely. (Extend it towards the borders evenly.)
- Mix the whip cream with 2 tablespoons of condensed milk perfectly.
- Apply the third layer on the custard and again spread it evenly all over.
- Sprinkle some chopped almonds and let it cool in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
So, we wouldn’t be wrong if we say that this dessert has got layers of happiness for you. Do try it the next time you find guests hitting your place for a party or simply to have sweeter family time.