Sohini Ghosh Sen is a teacher in a montessori, also bringing up her two lovely children. She loves to try new recipes, most of the times replacing actual ingredients with what is handy in the pantry.
When weather is snowy and Saraswati Puja is on the verge, you can not go far to get khova to make sweet. Then trials and errors come into the picture. Tried making prasad sweet with what I get in neighbourhood shop with ricotta and sweetend condensed milk. It resulted in delicious sweet dish.
PS: Easily can be made with chena/paneer and khova.
- Ricotta cheese – 15 oz box
- Sweetened condensed milk – one small box
- Kesar or zaffran (saffron) essence – few drops
- Milk powder – as needed
- Yellow food color – few drops
- Kesar strands – 3/4 pinch
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Heat milk for 30 seconds in microwave then add 1/1.5 pinch of kesar in it and keep aside.
- Mix ricotta cheese and condensed milk with a spoon till it becomes smooth.
- Then add the milk with the kesar strand and mix again.
- Put the whole mixture in micro-safe tray. Microwave for 3 mins covered.
- Then remove, stir well and then cover and again to micro for another 3 mins.
- Repeat the process till all the moisture evaporates.
- If needed, add milk powder to quicken the process.
- When it is almost dry, level the mixture with back of a spoon or a spatula then again microwave for 2 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from microwave and and keep aside, when it comes to room temperature put in fridge to set for 2 hours.
- Then cut in desired shape and garnish with kesar strands. Serve