I am always on the lookout for egg-less recipes, since I have family members who are purely vegetarian, and we all like to use seasonal fruits in multiple ways whenever possible. This Mango custard fits the bill perfectly.
Nisupta Bhattacharya, Proprietor of the online boutique, Angachaya.
- custard powder
- baking powder
- sliced mangoes
- brown bread
- oil/ butter
- Mix milk, sugar, butter, custard powder, baking powder & whip it well.
- Put on slow flame & stir it till the concoction gets thickened.
- Meanwhile preheat your oven to 180 °C.
- Also grease the baking tray with butter/oil.
- Add in sliced mango pieces & slices of brown bread.
- Garnish with nuts (of your choice, chopped coarsely).
- Add the sweetened milk custard concoction.
- Then let it bake in oven for 40 mins.
- Once it is done switch off the oven & leave the tray inside the oven for another 10 mins.
- Eat it hot/cold however you want.