Rev up your morning with these crunchy treats which are super easy to make and add the right dose of sweetness to your life!
Dr. Nilanjana Bhattacharyya — A dental surgeon by profession and a food blogger by passion. A big foodie and a home chef who loves to experiment. Mom to a hyperactive son.Blog link:
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
1. 1 cup water
2. 1/4th cup unsalted butter
3. 1 tbs granulated sugar + 1/2 cup for coating
4. 1 cup all purpose flour
5. 1 large egg
6. 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
7. Oil for frying
8. 3/4th tsp ground cinnamon
1. Heat 1 1/2 inches of oil in a deep skillet keeping it on medium heat . While the oil is heating prepare the batter.
2. Add water, sugar and butter in a saucepan and bring to boil over medium heat.
3. Add flour, reduce the heat to medium low and mix it well with a rubber spatula till the batter leaves side.
4. Cool the batter for 5 minutes and then add the egg and vanilla extract. Blend immediately to a smooth texture.
5. Now transfer the batter to a piping bag with an attached star tip.
6. Carefully pipe the mixture into preheated oil and fry well on both sides till it turns golden brown.
7. Transfer into a paper towel to soak excess oil and then immediately coat with a mixture of granulated sugar and cinnamon.
8. And your churros are ready.. relish them with a chocolate dip or simply munch them on.