Anwesha Sanyal is a budding psychologist, she is quickly learning that food is the best elixir to get those brain cogs working. And she is experimenting on this fact, by trying out amazing recipes that she learns from her mother, aunts and sisters, and also experimenting on her own.
Flour – 1 cup
Castor Sugar – little less than 1 cup
Eggs – 3
Fresh cream (malai) – ½ cup
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Baking soda – ½ tsp
Almond and Raisins (as per your choice)
Orange rind – 2 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
1. Beat the eggs till frothy
2. Add vanilla essence, orange rind , castor sugar and beat again.
3. Sieve the baking powder and baking soda with flour (maida)
4. Gradually mix with the egg mixture till it binds completely
5. Grease a baking tray
6. Pour the batter slowly. Take care not to make bubbles.
7. Arrange the raisins and almonds at equal distances
8. Preheat the oven at 200°C
9. Put the baking tray inside the oven and bake at 180° for 45 mins.
10. Let it stand for sometime and serve.