Nisupta Bhattacharya is an entrepreneur. She is the power behind the online boutique AngaChaya. In her own words, Anando Nadu is a special Bengal sweet usually made during auspicious occasions like the sacred thread ceremony/weddings. As its related to auspiciousness, I last made them during my son’s sacred thread ceremony. Recently learnt to make it on my own.I must thank my friend Arpita Ghosh who helped me go organic for a better healthy lifestyle. Today made it with fully organic ingredients & mixed in millet.
- 1 cup of atta — mixed with jowar (sorghum), Amaranth & ragi (millet) powder
- 1.5 cups of fresh grated coconut
- Jaggery organic powder as per taste
- Sesame seeds
- Cooking oil
- You have to mix all till the jaggery mixes well & it automatically turns into a dough.
- Make balls.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the balls in oil.
- Remove from oil, drain and they are ready to serve when they reach room temperature.
- Store them in an airtight container as long as you want!!!