Prawns Cooked in Coriander Sauce by Sudeshna Bhattacharya
I admire Sudeshna di for her zeal to whip up delicacies at a regular pace for her family and friends. She also deserves applause for experimenting regularly in her culinary journey. Naturally, I always scoop up recipes for BitebyByte whenever I spot something delectable. Thanks to her for her spirit of sharing.
A loving mom to a chirpy teen, and a passionate cook, Sudeshna Bhattacharya is also admired for her impressive sartorial senses. Professionally, she is a Chemical Engineer with 16 years of corporate experience.
- turmeric (optional)
- chilli powder
- Make a paste together of — garlic, coriander leaves & green chilli in vinegar
- mustard oil
- dry red chilli
- sliced onion
- cherry tomatoes
- I had already marinated the prawns with turmeric & chilli powder, before I got hold of the recipe. One can easily cook without turmeric though.
- Make a paste of garlic, coriander leaves & green chilli in vinegar.
- Heat mustard oil & add dry red chilli & sliced onion.
- As the colour turns translucent, add the paste & fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the prawns, mix well & cook till the prawns are fully cooked.
- You can add more chilly powder, salt and other seasonings at this stage, as per taste.
- Add a bit of sugar to balance the tangy vinegar.
- As oil starts to separate, add a dollop of ghee, mix well.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes & serve.