Since we are working from home, lunch has become the elaborate Bengali complete meal. Naturally, the lazy me looks for short-cut dinner ideas without compromising on taste or nutrition. One evening as I ran out of ideas, I sent an SOS Whatsapp, and was gifted this as reply.
Manzilat Fatima is a Foodpreneur, Pop Up Specialist, Royal Family’s Awadhi Cuisine Curator, Winner of Best Home Chef Award FBAI 2018. Apart from being a wonderful cook famed for her biryani and kebabs, is a very loving person and a dear friend.
- Whole red lentil 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste 1tsp
- Coriander powder 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 roasted cumin powder
- Dry mango powder 1 tsp
Group 2 — Tempering
- Few cloves of garlic
- dry red chilli
Group 3 — Garnishing
A few mint leaves and ginger julienne.
- Boil overnight soaked lentils with Group 1 ingredients.
- Now temper the boiled lentil with ingredients from Group 2.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves and ginger julienne.
- Serve with plain rice or rumali roti.