Nisupta Bhattacharya is an entrepreneur. She is the power behind the online boutique AngaChaya.
In her quest for developing a healthy lifestyle with home-made nutritious food, she started cooking varieties on a regular basis. BiteByByte has always been in her thoughts, and she always remembered to share her experiments with us.
Chidey (Chirey) Bhaja was something Dida had as her breakfast daily & ma too made it often for the evening snack. Today called ma & decided to try it.
- Chidey/Chirey (Flaked Rice, also known as Flattened Rice or Beaten Rice) — the thin variety
- freshly ground black pepper
- sugar to taste
- Take a frying pan, heat ghee & fry few groundnuts.
- Add the chidey / chirey little by little & keep frying in low flame till they are nicely fried, crunchy & stiff.
- Add pepper. Saute well.
- Lastly add some sugar & mix well.
- Serve hot with your cup of garam chai (hot tea) !!!