What to serve for snacks? That’s a question that plagues most of us all the mind. Unless you just want to open a packet of cookies or crispies. But what if you could do away with all the preservatives, and make your own munchie at home? Well, we all have a quest for such recipes. Here’s one you can try!
Joyoti Sanyal Bandyopadhyaya is a doting grand-mom, loving mom, adorable wife, and a happy and sweet person to befriend. Apart from her passion for cooking, she is also known among friends for her elegant sartorial style.
- white oil or ghee
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1&1/2 cup coriander leaves (cilantro) chopped
- 1 cup besa
- 1/2 cup groundnut powdered
- 3-4 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- For the gram flour mix: In a large mixing bowl take 1 cup besan,1/2 cup groundnut powdered, 3-4 tbsp rice flour, 1 tsp chilli paste,1/2 tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste ,1/2 tsp garam masala powder Add enough water to mix all ingredients to make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
- In a pan heat (low flame) 1 tsp white oil or ghee, add 1 tsp black mustard seeds, and when they splatter add 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste, stir a bit and then add 1&1/2 cup coriander chopped.
- Stir a bit and put in the gram flour (besan) mix. Cook stirring till the mix forms a lump (dough like).
- Now spread the mix evenly on a greased tray and leave to cool completely.
- When it sets, cut into squares. Deep fry till crisp. Serve.