Nisupta Bhattacharya is an entrepreneur. She is the power behind the online boutique AngaChaya.
In her quest for developing a healthy lifestyle with home-made nutritious food, she started cooking varieties on a regular basis. BiteByByte has always been in her thoughts, and she always remembered to share her experiments with us.
These mini idli-dhoklas are ideal for breakfast, evening snacks or even in between meals hunger pangs.
- one cup of besan (bengal gram flour)
- grated ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp jaggery
- salt as per your taste
- a pinch of cooking soda
- water to make a consistent batter
- Oil for cooking
- mustard seeds
- grated coconut
- fresh curry leaves
- Take one cup of besan, add grated ginger, 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tsp jaggery, salt as per your taste & a pinch of cooking soda water to make a consistent batter. Leave it aside for 15 mins.
- Grease mini idli stand with oil & fill them with the batter. Steam for 7 mins.
- Once done take the idlis out & keep aside in a bowl.
- In a pan, add 1 tsp oil. Temper with mustard, grated coconut & fresh curry leaves for seasoning.
- Pour over the idli-dhokla. Serve hot.