Pauruti or bread is something that is more commonly recognized as an item on your breakfast menu. Although bread might seem to be boring but it is quite versatile — from starters to desserts, from fillers to binding agent — bread can be omnipresent. Paurutir Pancake or Savoury Bread Pancake is a recipe that uses the mundane bread in a unique way to create a delicious recipe. This is also a recipe that can come to your rescue when you need to whip up something delicious in a very short time.
- 4 bread slices
- ½ onion
- 2 eggs
- 2 green chillies
- ½ tsp ginger paste
- Sprigs of cilantro leaves
- salt to taste
- Chop onion, green chillies, cilantro leaves finely
- Soak bread slices in water to soften.
- Squeeze any excess water from bread
- Mash together the bread, onion, ginger paste, chillies, cilantro leaves, eggs and salt.
- Beat the mixture with an egg-beater, so that the everything mix uniformly.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the mixture to the heated oil by dropping gently using a ladle portion by portion.
- Fry like pancakes.
- You may garnish with chopped cilantro, onions, green chillies.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
Tip: If you keep moulds in the pan while dropping the batter and frying the pancakes, then you shall get perfectly shaped pancakes.