Vegetable chops are absolute favourites. They are those easy snacks which can be had with any meals; but ideal for snacking when you are in a mood for something fried and fancy. We often entertain guests who are strictly vegetarian, and in those cases, this is one recipe which I love to make at home and have till date earned quite a lot of praise. I hope you find it equally easy to make also.
· 1 medium potato .
· 2 medium size carrot .
· 2-3 medium size beetroot
· 1 tsp ginger paste
· 3 tsp peanuts .
· 3-4 tsp bhaja masala .
· 1/2 tsp sugar .
· salt .
· 4-5 tbsp besan .
· 1/2 cup bread crumbs .
1 cup white oil (for deep frying) .
Ingredients for bhaja masala :-
· 2 tbsp cumin seeds .
· 6 dry red chillies .
· Roast cumin seeds & dry red chillies on low heat till jeera turns brown and chillies dark red. Do not char.
· Remove from heat and grind in a grinder. You can preserve it for long periods and use for different preparations also .
· Cut potato , carrot & beetroot into 2-3″ size big chunks.
· Pressure cook on high heat for 2 steams.
· Drain the water & mash the vegetables coarsely & mix 2-3 tsp bread crumbs .
· Heat 2 tbsp oil in kadai.
· Fry the peanuts & remove from the heat .
· Now add ginger, fry for 2 min .
· Add the roughly mashed vegetables, salt and sugar.
· Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium high heat.
· Add bhaja masala and mix .
· Remove the vegetables from heat and let it cool.
· Make a besan mix by adding 1/4th cup water. The mix should not be too thick or too watery .
· Make chop-size dumplings of the vegetable mixture using your hands & dip in besan mix to form a thin layer,
· Coat with bread crumbs and keep aside.
· Pour the oil in a deep bottom pan & fry them till golden brown.
· Remove from heat and keep on paper towel to drain excess oil before serving.
· Now serve them with some tomato sauce .