Sohini Ghosh Sen is a teacher in a montessori, also bringing up her two lovely children. She loves to try new recipes, most of the times replacing actual ingredients with what is handy in the pantry.
During this Covid lockdown, when you are avoiding outside food but you have two always hungry picky eaters at home, a quick recipe to satisfy both kids and adults.
- Chicken ground/ keema (minced) – 1 lbs/ 450 gms
- Garlic powder/ paste – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Chilli flakes – 1t sp to taste (optional)
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Chicken grill seasoning- 1 tbsp (If you don’t have, you can use maggi masala too)
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Lime juice – 1/2
- Sugar – little bit
- Onion (cut in rings) – 6
- Tomato (cut in rings) – 6
- Burger bun – 6
- Cheese slices – 6
- Butter – to smear on bread
- Mayonnaise – 3 heaped spoon
- Lime juice – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 2/3 pinch
Spicy aioli: Mayonnaise – 3 heaped spoon Lime juice – 1 tsp Chilli powder – 2/3 pinch Mix everything very well to make aioli.
To make Burger:
- Make a smooth paste of chicken keema in blender. Then add other ingredients to the keema except onion rings, tomato rings, and cheese. Marinate for 15-20 mins.
- Then divide marinated meat into 6 equal parts. Make patty of your palm size. Approximately 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- In a big griddle or tawa put some oil. When oil is hot put on patty and pan fry.
- Let one side cook for 4-5 mins. When one side is cooked flip and let the other side cook for sometime.
- Also caramelize onion rings and tomato rings alongside the burger.
- Meanwhile toast burger bun smearing some butter in a separate tawa.
- When burgers are done, put a slice of cheese on it and cover the burger with a lid. Let it cook for couple of minute.
- Then put the burger on toasted bun. Put spicy aioli, caramelized onion and tomato. Cover with top part of the bun.
- Your burgers are ready to enjoy.
Baked potato fingers: Potato – 2 big; Garlic powder – 1 tbsp; Salt – to taste; Black pepper powder – 1 tbsp; Olive oil – 2 tbsp (you may need more) — Cut potato in little thick fingers. Add every ingredient to it. Be generous with the olive oil. Preheat oven to 200 deg. Bake potato 18-20 mins or until crispy.