Guests at home? Need some weekend pizzazz on the table? Winter evening blues? This recipe answers these all!
Nilanjan Lahiri is a botany graduate, a library professional at one of the oldest Engineering institutions of India, a doting father, a caring son, brother and husband.
- boneless chicken
- ginger-garlic paste
- lemon juice
- Greek yogurt OR regular sour curd (hung)
- freshly ground pepper
- cumin powder
- coriander powder
- garam masala powder
- olive oil
- iron or wooden skewers
- chaat masala
- lemon juice
- Cut boneless chicken into cubes.
- Marinate the chicken with lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, salt, turmeric, yogurt, freshly ground pepper, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder.
- Refrigerate the marinated chicken for 12 hours.
- Cut onions, capsicums and tomatoes into squares of the same size as the chicken cubes.
- Sprinkle a little salt and ground pepper on the vegetables and drizzle a little olive oil on them.
- Pierce the chicken pieces and veggies with iron or wooden skewers.
- Heat a flat nonstick pan. Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil on the pan.
- When the oil gets hot, place the skewers on the pan and set the gas on medium.
- Turn the skewers every few minutes after brushing olive oil on them every time.
- Once you get a nice colour on them you can check the chicken pieces for softness. Then once they get an almost burnt look, switch off the gas.
- Sprinkle a little chaat masala and few drops of lemon juice on them.
- Serve hot as is or with condiment of your choice.