Coriander is an aromatic herb that can be used as a garnish as well as an ingredient to lend any dish a great flavour. You can pair it with both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. Here is a recipe for a soup in which coriander is the main ingredient. This recipe needs very few ingredients, but tastes great with the right amount of tang and spiciness in it. If you are inviting guests who are vegetarian, then this soup will definitely be a great start to the meal. The lovely colour of the soup comes from the red chilli powder and the tomatoes blended with the spices.
Sreetapa Biswas (Employee of the Dublin, California, Unified School District; Consultant at Avon)
- Oil- 1 tablespoon
- lime Juice- 2 teaspoon
- Garlic (chopped)- 1 teaspoon
- Ginger (chopped)- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder- ¼ teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder- ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander powder- ½ teaspoon
- Onions (chopped)- 50 gms
- Tomatoes (chopped)- 40 gms
- Cumin seeds (crushed)- ½ teaspoon
- Coriander leaves (chopped)- 2 teaspoon
- salt to taste
- Heat oil and temper with cumin seeds till they crackle
- Add ginger and garlic, and fry well.
- Add onions and keep frying
- Next add all the dry powder masala and fry over low heat.
- Add tomatoes and half cup of water
- Cook till done.
- Add salt as per taste
- Garnish with fresh with lime juice and chopped coriander leaves