Mushrooms have fairly recently made entries in our kitchens. It was hitherto unknown and unacknowledged in the Bengali culinary history. This is a very easy chilli mushroom recipe which can be made in a hurry.
- Tomato sauce
- Soya sauce
- Chilli sauce
- Salt & sugar
- Ginger- Garlic paste
- Mushroom – preferably button
- Cooking oil
- Take a heavy based pan and heat oil in it
- Take equal amount of tomato sauce, soya sauce, chilli sauce and a pinch of salt & sugar and make a mixture of these. Keep aside. Be careful with the salt since the sauces already contain salt in them.
- Now fry chopped onions in the pan.
- Add ginger-garlic paste
- Add some capsicums to it
- Keep stirring so that it doesn’t burn at the bottom
- Now add the mushrooms
- Keep stirring till the mushrooms turn a little brown in colour.
- Now add the sauce earlier prepared.
- Once the gravy starts to boil check your desired consistency and put the oven off.
- This may be your weekend palate changer if served with chowmein or fried rice.