Come winter, our vegetable shopping has cauliflowers as integral part. Naturally one has to keep thinking of variations – here is when this recipe comes to the rescue. Also, keep in mind that the Kasuri Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) that are used in this recipe are known for their myriad health benefits – they are extremely good for people with high cholesterol or diabetes; and are also beneficial to regularise bowel movement. Kasuri methi is also known to bring glow to the skin and shine to the hair.
- One Cauliflower
- Dry Fenugreek leaves/ kasuri methi
- Cooking oil
- Green chillies
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Salt & Sugar
- Take a cauliflower and cut it into small florets.
- Dry roast the fenugreek leaves and grind them. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds
- Sauté chopped onions
- Add chopped green chillies and then ginger garlic paste
- Add the cauliflower florets
- Add 2 cups of chopped tomatoes to this and then add cumin & coriander powder
- When the water emitted from the cooking is almost dry, add half a cup of whisked yoghurt to this.
- Add salt.
- Check if cauliflower florets are cooked properly and then add sugar and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the ground fenugreek leaves powder and stir it in.
- Close lid and turn off heat.
- Allow some standing time and then serve.