In her own words — “I first had it in Mainland China years ago and fell in love hook, line and sinker. So much so that had to learn making it myself.”
However, this is how Pritha formulated her own version of Crackling Spinach (not curated from anywhere).
Pritha Dutta is a home cook who also offers some of her condiments under the brand-name ‘PriServes’. She has also been winning hearts through stomachs courtesy her pop up meals.
- Lemon Juice
- Table Salt or Garlic Salt
- Chilli Flakes
- White Sesame Seeds (Lightly Roasted)
- Powdered Sugar
- Rice Flour
- Finely chop the washed Spinach leaves.
- Add salt and Lemon juice. I added Garlic salt. Regular salt will also do.
- Mix well with hand and leave aside for an hour.
- Squeeze out extra water from the leaves.
- Add Chilli flakes, lightly roasted White Sesame and a little powdered sugar.
- Add a tsp of Rice Flour. I had 250 gms of Spinach. Increase basis the quantity.
- Mix well with hand.
- Now heat oil.
- Deep fry the Spinach in small batches, stirring continuously in high heat till they turn crunchy.
Ready to serve!