In Pritha Dutta‘s words — Whenever we had a big ‘pawwwry’ at home, remember this being one of Ma’s ‘go to’ dishes. Light to the palate, hassle-free preparation, gets done real fast, and loved by one and all. Also, it’s way more creamy because the curd is whisked and added to the dish and not cooked.
Pritha Dutta is a home cook who also offers some of her condiments under the brand-name ‘PriServes’. She has also been winning hearts through stomachs courtesy her pop up meals.
- 9 big roundels of Aubergine
- a big cup of curd
- 1/2 tsp Methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- a handful of Green Chillies and Curry leaves
- Mustard Oil
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Turmeric Powder
- Chana Dal (Bengal Gram Lentil)
- Deep fry the Aubergine roundels (thickly cut and marinated with Salt and Turmeric powder) and set them on a plate.
- Whisk the curd with salt and a little sugar and pour it evenly on top of the fried roundels.
- Now heat Mustard oil and temper it with Hing, Methi, and Mustard seeds.
- Add slit Green Chillies, some soaked Chana Daal and Curry leaves.
- Once they start to sputter and the leaves are crisp, pour it on top of the curd evenly.
- Let it rest for an hour.
- Serve with rice, pulao or chapatis.