“Dessert is probably the most important stage of the meal, since it will be the last thing your guests remember before they pass out all over the table.” ….William Powell.
Phirni ( in my style) is a dessert that most people find irresistible. With a little effort, you have a winning recipe that shall bring you accolades when served to loved ones.
Amrita Chaudhuri Ghosh is a culinary enthusiast.
- (Gobindobhog) Rice flour : 100 gms
- Milk: 1.5 ltrs
- Fried Cashew paste
- Dry roasted Semolina : 5 spoons
- Date palm jaggery : according to your sweet bud
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut paste: 5 tbsp
- Sliced almonds for garnish
- Pour milk in kadai.
- Boil for 15 mins ( high for 5 mins, then sim the gas).
- Add rice flour slowly and stir it constantly for 10 mins.
- Then add cashew, coconut paste and Semolina. Please don’t forget to stir.
- Now, you can add crushed khowa kheer( mawa).
- When you have a sticky consistency add the jaggery and a pinch of salt.
- Remember, full cooking process is going on low flame.
- After few minutes your phirni is ready.
- Pour in small bowls for separate serving.
- Cool and Refrigerate for at least 4 hrs.
- Garnish with sliced almonds.