Sheerkhurma By Saba Irfan Ladha
Eid is special! And everything prepared on this day holds a lot of value and recognition, almost making it as sacred as the festival itself. That’s why Sheerkhurma holds so much of importance in this festival. Each year, during this auspicious day you’ll find not only the Muslims, but also the people of other faiths preparing it as well. This rich and delectable dessert of milk and dry fruits doesn’t just feel heavenly on your tongue, but also is extremely nutritious and healthy too.
Saba Irfan Ladha, a food, lifestyle, travel and parenting blogger for seven years now is a passionate writer and likes to explore everything around herself to later jot down in her blogs and books. Featured in the official humans of Bombay page, India TV news, Indianexpress.com, thedailyhunt.in and Indianwomenblog.org, her previous e- book, The A2Z of Globetrotting got her a lot of love and fame. With a knowledge of more than 6 global languages and bounds of experience with her three kids parenting, 5 years of being a food critic and a connoisseur on Zomato, she is always actively sharing something on her interactive social media pages as well. Her fictions are part of her creativity and you can read more of these on her blog website
Ingredients: (As per 1 liters milk. Makes 6 bowls)
- 200 grams sugar
- 100 grams finely chopped or grated dry fruits like almond, cashew, pistachio, buchanania lanzan seeds.
- A piece of dry date.
- 2-3 strands of saffron.
- 10 grams of vermicelli
- 1 tablespoon of clarified butter.
- Roast vermicelli in clarified butter and keep aside.
- Boil milk in a new vessel and let it cook on slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Add in sugar and dry fruits and cook for around 15 minutes.
- Soak saffron in a teaspoon of water and gradually add to the milk.
- Add vermicelli and dry dates and keep on flame for 10 more minutes.
- Serve hot or refrigerate for half an hour to enjoy it cold.
- The more milk you cook, the better it tastes.
- Soak dry fruits for 4/5 hours before chopping if you don’t like its peel in your sheerkhurma.
- Always make a point to clean the utensils thoroughly to avoid spoiling of your sheerkhurma.