When you are craving for sweets and have the penchant for whipping them up from ingredients lying in your pantry, you have a bowl full of love formally known as desserts.
Kakali Biswas: Corporate slave turned entrepreneur. Single parent. A wildlife enthusiast with passion for music and cooking.
- 6-8 crushed cardamoms
1 cup water
- 1/4 th cup sugar
- 4 cups of milk
- 3-4 tablespoons of milk powder (optional)
- 1-2 saffron threads if you have
- 3-4 crushed cardamoms
- cashews or pistachios as garnish (optional)
- 1 or 2 orange/s
- For the chasni/sugar syrup: Take 1/4th cup sugar, add 1 cup water to it and 3-4 crushed cardamoms and put it in a pan to boil. Let it reduce to a thick syrup consistency .
- Take about 4 cups of milk, add 3-4 tablespoons of milk powder (optional), 1-2 saffron threads (if you have it handy), 3-4 crushed cardamoms and put it to boil.
- Keep stirring continuously so that the bottom does not stick to the pan.
- Once it reduces, add from the sugar syrup, spoon by spoon, according to your sweetness preference and then take it down and let it cool.
- Take one or two oranges depending on the amount of rabri. Peel, deseed and remove the outer skin and put them in the rabri.
- That’s it, your kheer komola is ready !