Rezala is a rich creamy gravy. Rezala is mostly had in mutton and chicken. It is a gravy infused with rich and deep flavours of curd & cream. The luscious gravy is a typical recipe and side dish eaten in and around Kolkata. In this recipe I have tried to give this a twist in the rezala with eggs.
- Eggs – 6
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Dry red chillies – 2
- Onion chopped/ grated – 2 large
- Garam masala whole
- Pepper powder – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Curd – 170 gm/6 oz
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Salt- as per taste
- Coriander leaves
- Boil the eggs and lightly perforate them
- Sprinkle turmeric, chili powder and salt
- Lightly fry them
- Fry the dry red chillies and keep aside
- Now sauté the onion. Once its fried well add the ginger garlic paste, garam masala and the pepper powder.
- Once oil starts separating from the masala, bring the gas volume down.
- Add the already beaten curd with a pinch of salt.
- Increase the flame now and start cooking this .
- Add a little warm water. ¾ cup
- Add salt to taste and the sugar
- Once it starts boiling put the halved eggs and cover to cook
To serve –
- Take a flat bottom dish
- Take the eggs out and keep them
- Lightly put the gravy on top of the eggs
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with rice or pulao or with any Indian flat-bread of your choice