There are days when the heart yearns for comfort food. There are days when you like to cook something special without compromising on your veggies and protein intake. Just add some carbs a.k.a a plate full of steamed rice, and you have a complete meal – without much ado. And trust us, your taste-buds wouldn’t know how calculative you have been – they would simply relish the flavours.
Pritha Dutta is a home cook who also offers some of her condiments under the brand-name ‘PriServes’. She has also been winning hearts through stomachs courtesy her pop up meals.
- Cabbage – chopped and steamed
- Dried shrimp
- Green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Sugar (optional)
- Mustard oil
- Heat mustard oil in a pan and fry the garlic and dried shrimp
- In a blender put the steamed cabbage and the garlic-dried shrimp concoction and opt for a coarse blend (you shall be happy with the texture when you eat).
(At this stage, you may also add some green chillies when blending.)
- Now heat oil in a pan, now add the entire blend and cook till the moisture is gone and the oil separates.
- Add salt and sugar (optional) to taste.
- Add some slit green chillies for added heat and flavour.
- Remove from heat and serve with steamed rice.