Sonali Banerjee, apart from being my loving aunt, is also a teacher by profession.
- Spinach leaves
- Besan/ gram flour
- Roasted Cumin powder
- Chilli powder
- Eno salt
- Take medium size spinach leaves, wash and put it in a strainer to dry completely.
- Just before frying prepare the batter with besan, roasted cumin powder, turmeric, salt, chilli powder and just a pinch of Eno salt.
- Mix it with water to make a batter that should not be too thick but should just be able to stick or hold to the spinach leaf.
- Dip the spinach leaves and hold for some time to get rid of the extra batter.
- Deep fry in medium flame.
- Sprinkle some chat masala (optional) before serving it.