Manzilat Fatima, is a Foodpreneur, Pop Up Specialist, Royal Family’s Awadhi Cuisine Curator, Winner of Best Home Chef Award FBAI 2018. Apart from being a wonderful cook famed for her biryani and kebabs, is a very loving person and a dear friend who kindly shared her dahi bada recipe with us — something she cooked for Iftaar during the month of Ramzan.
Manzilat, although a very down to earth and humble person, has a royal lineage too. And if you want to taste her fare, she does offer catering services by the name of Manzilat’s.
Now coming to the Recipe –
- Urad Dal 1 cup ( soaked in water for at least 6 hrs), then ground finely in the grinder with 1/2 inch pc ginger to make the batter (thick not pouring batter)
- Plain Curd 2 cups (whipped and passed through a strainer to make it creamy)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground rock salt
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp each of roasted/ground cumin, coriander and black pepper powder.
- Small bowl filled with plain water with some salt and red chili powder to soak fried badas
- Cooking Oil
- Heat oil, wet the left palm with water, measure half a tbsp of the batter and place in the palm, make a hole with the finger in the middle and slide in oil. Deep fry all the badas in the same manner and keep dipping them in the cold salted water.
- Keep the badas soaked for 1/2 hour. Press and place in a deep plate.
- Pour the creamy curd over it, sprinkle all the ground spices one by one, serve immediately.