With Covid lockdown, more and more people are looking for easy one pot meals that can be made with limited resources without compromising on taste or nutrition. And necessity is always the mother of invention.
Snigdha Ganguly, my elder paternal aunt, is someone who loves to cook; and whose cooking the family swears by. This is a perennial favourite in our family; and is also a sure shot hit when served to guests.
- 250 grams chicken keema (minced)
- 2 eggs
- 7/8 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 3/4t sp bread crumbs
- 1 or 2 grated cheese cubes (I used Amul)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- Oil or butter for greasing baking pan
- Boil keema with salt.
- Drain excess water and grind into smooth paste.
- Add all ingredients, keeping 2 tbsp grated cheese aside.
- Grease a micro-oven proof pan.
- Spread the mixture evenly.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on it.
- Microwave for 6 mins.
Note: Time to cook the cake would depend on the power setting of your microwave oven. You may need to adjust that. After the first six minutes, insert a toothpick to check doneness — if it comes out clean, it is done. Else repeat a couple of minutes more as needed.